We offer an entire world of products, that are beautifully designed to complement each other. Design, craftmanship, local production and zero waste is part of our philosophy.
Design, craftmanship & local production
Craftmanship and the art of creation is what everything evolves around at LIND DNA. Whenever possible, we insist on our own, local production in Denmark. First of all, local production gives us the opportunity to be hands-on throughout the entire process of production maturation and to secure continuously high manufacturing standards. Secondly, we care deeply about sustainability and our own production enables us to limit our footprint on the environment.
The bedrock of most of our designs is high-quality recycled leather, certified by OEKO-TEX. Sourced from the surplus production of vegetable-tanned leather from furniture, bags and shoes, the leather is mixed with 20% natural rubber.
- Main design and production is based on recycled leather.
- Main design and production is based at our own Aarhus-based factory or locally in Denmark.
- We aim to use as little packaging as possible, so our main products are normally not prepacked.
- We try to avoid packingmaterials like Flamingo/Polystyren and similar.
- Our cartons are made from recycled cardboard.
- Our main packaging is made of Kraftpak®, an un treated cardboard type which is produced from the excess sawdust from local sawmills.
Our designs are developed in-house and all steps in the process are being followed very closely – from initial idea, to production and final shipment to our customers. We're aiming to create subtle designs with zero waste, in a form that involves reusing resources to decrease the total environmental impact. And we have come a long way.
From the very beginning in 2013 we have been environmentally responsible. Our materials are responsibly sourced and we continuously refine our waste management at our production facilities in Aarhus, Denmark. Our zero-waste strategy is based on a waste prevention policy, proactive reuse and optimized separate collection of waste at source to guarantee quality recycling. Our main production goal is to eliminate toxic waste that poses a threat to the environment.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To design products in recycled materials when possible.
- To design products which often can be recycled again later.
- To use local products and production wherever possible
- To minimize the impact on sustainability of all office activities.
- To review, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Practical Steps in order to Put These Principles into Practice:
Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Replacement of most light bulbs with low energy light bulbs – also making practice of turning off lights when we leave a room that is not being used
- In-house we use coffee cups that can be washed and reused instead of paper cups
- All employees are equipped with good quality refillable water-bottle
- 60-90% of our lunch meals are organic – and we have 1 meat-free day
- Continuously sourcing for materials which lives up to our standards of sustainability.